A website media room provides an opportunity for you to represent your company or business in a professional manner to media, journalists, writers, podcasters and bloggers. It provides them with pre-created materials and interview questions that will get your company reported on before companies that are not savy enough to have a media room.
An example of a website media room from Theme Zoom LLC.
- Contact info
- Bio (personal and/or company)
- Graphics and Images (head shots)
- Media Kit (includes company backgrounder and story, individual fact sheets, speaker one sheet)
- Media Clips (may include print news, online, broadcast audio or video, logos and masthead of various media)
- Press release archives
- Articles (links to relevant articles)
- News Feeds (subscribe for news alerts)
- Sample Questions (essential) By topic and category. According to Marc Harty, controversial topics are fine.
- Speaking Topics (1 to 3 topics are enough)
- Awards, Merits and distinctions
- Interview subjects (Note: namedrop some of the impressive and noteworthy people you’ve interviewed, and have sound bites (or people who have interviews you).
- Social Media (Integration with blog, social booksmark sites and social media press release)
© 2009, MainTopic Media, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
For more free information about online media rooms, visit 6 Online Media Room Essentials Reporters Want To See.